With the 2022 Eone 98L Yonex gives intermediate players the tools to hit with power, spin and accuracy. For this update, Yonex adds 2G NAMD Speed to the graphite layup, resulting in increased pocketing and better ball feedback. Yonex has also retooled the beam construction, adding a thicker, more convex cross section in the shaft (for stability) along with a thinner frame face (for a softer response). Other technologies include Yonex’s time-tested ISOMETRIC head shape, a unique design feature that makes Yonex racquets feel more generous and forgiving than conventionally shaped equivalents. Rising intermediate players looking for total command over the ball should start here.
- Headsize: 98 sq. in.
- Weight Unstrung: 285g/(10.0 oz.)
- Weight Strung: 300g/(10.6 oz.)
- Length: 27"
- String Pattern: 16 x 19
- Stiffness/Flex: 65
- Beam Width: 23.5/24.5/19.5 mm
- Swing Weight: 310
- Power Level: Low-Medium
- Swing Speed: Medium-Fast
- Swing Type: Medium-Full
- Racquet/Player Type: Intermediate
- Composition/Construction: 2G-Namd Speed/HM Graphite
- Grommet Technology: Liner Tech (Straight-hole Grommets), Shockless Grommets
- Frame Technology: Isometric Design, Oval Pressed Shaft (OPS), Vibration Dampening Mesh (VDM)
- Recommended String: Poly Tour Pro / Poly Tour Strike
- Endorsed By: Naomi Osaka, Nick Kyrgios
- Colors: Sky Blue/Navy
- Recommended String Tension: 45-60 lbs.
- Misc: No Cover