Yonex VCore Pro 97 (2022)
Yonex adds another chapter to the VCORE PRO 97. Like its predecessors, this update will appeal to the experienced player in search of control, spin and speed. For 2021, Yonex tweaks the shaft geometry to help the racquet bend more effectively during impact. They’ve also added a slightly thicker beam for extra pop and stability. Integrated in the frame, Yonex adds 2G-NAMD (Flex Force) to the graphite layup. This is designed to help the frame snapback more effectively during impact. Other material updates include Flex Fuse which involves a soft polymer in the layup for added comfort. Yonex's signature technology remains the ISOMETRIC head shape, which creates a larger sweet spot and more forgiving feel. As with the previous generation, this update includes VDM (Vibration Dampening Mesh), a handle technology used to reduce harsh impact vibrations.
Ultimately, with this 2021 update to the VCORE PRO 97, Yonex has checked all the right boxes. Intermediate and advanced players looking for spin, speed and feel should start here.
- Product Name: Yonex VCore Pro 97 (2021)
- Manufacturer #: VCP0397
- Head size: 97 sq. in
- Length: 27"
- Balance: 31cm/(12.2 in.) - Head Light
- Weight Strung: 325g/(11.5 oz.)
- Recommended String Tension: 45-60 lbs.
- Racquet/Player Type: Advanced
- String Pattern(Mains X Crosses): 16 x 19
- Composition/Construction: Flex Force/Graphite
- Colors: Black/Green/Purple
- Power Level: Low
- Frame Technology: Isometric Racquet Shape, 2G-Namd Flex Force, Flex Fuse
- Handle Technology: Vibration Dampening Mesh (VDM
- Endorsed by: Frances Tiafoe
- Swing Speed: Fast
- Swing Type: Full
- Manuf. Recommended String: Polytour REV / Polytour Strike / Rexis Speed
- Misc.: No Cover