Yonex VCore 98L (2021) Tennis Racquet
Yonex makes big changes to the VCORE 98L but keeps the user-friendly mobility that made this such a perfect option for rising intermediates. At 10.5 ounces strung and boasting a low swingweight, this racquet is significantly more maneuverable than the standard VCORE 98, making it much easier for improving players to generate the stroke speed required for effective pace and spin. For 2021 Yonex re-engineers this racquet's beam, giving it a thicker cross-section in the head for added power and stability. Yonex has also widened the hitting area above the 3/9 axis, making for a livelier, spin-friendly and responsive contact zone. New technologies include Flex Force, which uses a uniquely flexible graphite (NAMD2) in the lower hoop/upper shaft to help the racquet bend more optimally at impact. Yonex has also redesigned the grommet system with String Sync, which utilizes funnel shaped inserts to help the strings snap back powerfully during impact (think spin). Ultimately, the Yonex VCORE 98L provides improving players with a user-friendly entry point into outstanding feel and playability of the VCORE family.
- Product Name: Yonex VCore 98L (2021)
- Manufacturer #: VC0698L
- Headsize: 98 sq. in.
- Length: 27"
- Beam Width: 22.5mm / 23mm / 21mm
- Balance: 32.5cm/(12.8 in.) - Head Light
- Weight Strung: 300g/(10.5 oz.)
- Recommended String Tension: 45-60 lbs.
- Racquet/Player Type: Intermediate
- String Pattern(Mains X Crosses): 16 x 19
- Composition/Construction: H.M. Graphite/2G-Namd
- Colors: Tango Red
- Power Level: Low-Medium
- Stiffness/Flex: 65 RA
- Grommet Technology: String Sync
- Frame Technology: Flex Force (NAMD2)
- Handle Technology: Vibration Dampening Mesh
- Swing Type: Medium-Full
- Swingweight: 307 kgcm
- Swing Speed: Medium-Fast
- Manuf. Recommended String: Polytour REV / Polytour PRO / Rexis
- Misc: No Cover